7 LESSER KNOWN FACTS ABOUT VIRAT KOHLI
Virat Kohli often regarded as Run Machine Kohli by his fans. He has proven to be one of the greatest batsman ever across all the formats.
Consistently growing over the years from winning the U-19 World Cup as a captain in 2008 to one of the most successful Indian National Team skipper.
The person with huge number of fan following and one of the highest paid athletes.
Lesser Known facts about Virat Kohli
1)ONLY PLAYER TO GET A WICKET WITHOUT EVEN BOWLING A SINGLE BALL-
• It was a India vs England T20 match. India was not going well with the match, so Dhoni asked Kohli to bowl an over.
• He was bowling for the first time in T20 international cricket, the ball slip from his hand in the leg side.
• Kevin Petersion couldn’t jugde the ball so he completely missed it, taking advantage of this situation Dhoni removed his gloves and hit the stumps.
• This way Kohli got his first international T20 wicket at the zeroth ball.
2)FIRST INDIAN TO SCORE A CENTURY ON WORLD CUP DEBUT-
• He is the first and only Indian Batsman to score a century a on world cup debut.
• He remain 100 notout against bangladesh at Sher-e-Bangla Stadium in Mirpur in 2011 World Cup.
• There are a total of 14 batsman worldwide to achieve this milestone.
• DL Amiss(England) was the first to score a hundred(137) on his world cup debut in 1975 against India at Lords Cricket Ground.
• Aaron Finch(Australia) was the latest to score a hundred(135) on his world cup debut in 2015 against England at Melbourne Cricket Ground.
3) HIS FAVOURITE PLAYER IS HARSCHELLE GIBBS OF SOUTH AFRICA-
• In one of his under 19 innings he stated that Harschelle Gibbs is his favourite player.
• In many interviews he spoke that Sachin Tendulkar was his his childhood inspiration and he idolizes him.
• In a recent interview he told that Roger Federer is his ultimate favourite player.
• He has a great bonding with AB Devilliers and likes to wach him play.
4)HE SCORED A CENTURY IN JUST 52 BALLS-
• In 2013 he scored a century in just 52 balls against Australia which is the fastest by an Indian.
• Even he is the fastest to score a century against Autralia worldwide.
• AB Devilliers scored a century in just 31 balls against West Indies in 2015 which is the fastest by any player worldwide.
5) HE HAS ZERO CENTURY IN T20 INTERNATIONAL CRICKET-
• He has remain notout at 94 against West Indies in 2019.
• He has also remain not out at 90 against Australia.
• He has an average of 50.8 in T20 internationals.
• Though he hasn’t scored any century , he is in the list of Top 10 batsman in T20 internationals.
6) HE WAS NAMED ICC CRICKETER OF THE YEAR IN 2012 AT THE AGE OF 23-
• Recently he bagged the ICC Spirit of the Cricket Award -2019
• Currently Rohit Sharma is the ICC Cricketer of the year-2019
7) HIS FIRST CRUSH WAS KARISHMA KAPOOR
Well, I hope you got to know many new things about Virat Kohli, the rising star in Cricket . I am going to share more cricketing facts and records.
Something Wrong Please Contact to Davsy Admin